Sunday, August 1, 2010

MAUI DIET PLAN

We started a new "program" with our bootcamp, for those interested we will be losing three pounds a month, at a cost of $10 a pound. Lose three pounds, pay nothing. Lose nothing, pay $30. Pretty simple. To get everyone started I'm providing the diet I am using to get ripped for Maui in Sept. I have been using this for a three weeks and lost about 7 pounds, so I know it works. So here it is:
I eat a shake for breakfast following our workout
1 Scoop whey protein
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 Tbs Flax meal
1 cup milk
1 banana
1/2 cup oatmeal

I may also cook some whole eggs if I'm really feeling hungry.

I take 2 meals to work to eat around 11 and 3.
22 almonds
1 serving fruit

1 serving meat (usually leftover from dinner) or some more nuts
1 string cheese or another fruit.

Dinner is about 2 servings of protein, usually meat, but Chile, soy beans. etc would work. I also have all my vegetables at this meal, so a big salad, no nasty dressings, I like a little Parmesan cheese on top, or some soy sauce. I may have 1 serving or less of a good healthy carbohydrate, like Brown rice, or wheat bread, etc.

That's about it, pretty easy isn't it.

Now, I will say I'm pretty hungry by the time I go to bed, I think hunger is necessary for me to burn fat. I also notice my energy level can be pretty low during the day, but by morning it's usually pretty good again.

Now the FUN part.

I follow this diet pretty strictly Monday through Friday only. Sat/Sun is back to completely normal eating, in fact I go very high Carbs and some pretty unhealthy carbs on the weekend, however I do not stuff myself silly with this food. I go probably about 200 calories over my daily maintenance level. These days are great phschologically to be ably to stay on a tough diet, and they help regulate the Fat-burning hormones that tend to fall during the week. I find myself gaining 5,6,7 pounds on the weekend, but losing several pounds more by the following Friday.

Notice I do not count calories, I know from experience this is where I need to be to lose fat. I try to keep my food choices as natural as possible, no processed lunch meats, buy a turkey, cook it, cut it up and freeze it. I try to follow caveman type foods most the time. This diet is flexible though, I try to keep protein coming in all day and cut the carbohydrate back in the afternoon. I also take fish oil capsules and coq10 and a multivitamin with my dinner. Water is the only liquid I drink other than the milk in my shake.

Give it a try, it's worked for me better than anything else, I've never seen consistent results like I'm getting now. I'm sure you will too.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I read the diet plan. Now I have to see if I can make it work for me.

    ReplyDelete